Welcome to Doe Creek Kennels (dog boarding and daycare), located on Doe Creek Farm, Giles County.
Doe Creek Kennels voted #1 best pet boarding in southwest Virginia
- Virginia Living Magazine.
How to Choose the Right Boarding Kennel for Your Dog:
Below are a few tips from cesarsway.com for finding the right kennel for your dog.
1. Get recommendations. Ask friends, neighbors, co-workers, vets, groomers, trainers, or other dog professionals you trust.
2. Visit. Ask to see ALL the places where your dog will be spending time, including his room for the night and the exercise yard.
3. Assess the pack. The staff should be able to get your dog focused on what is there for him – and not leave him mourning over the fact that you left.
4. Ask questions about discipline, conflict resolution, exercise and emergency procedure. Remember, YOU are the client and WE (boarding kennels) want your business.
5. Prepare. Check vaccination requirements.
6. Trust your instincts. If something just doesn't feel right, find another facility. You want to feel confident that your pet will be safe and comfortable while you are away.